VICTIM SUPPORT IN CYPRUS OPERATES THROUGH SSAFA AND IS ALIGNED WITH VICTIM SUPPORT UK.
THE SCHEME OPERATES OUTSIDE THE MILITARY CHAIN OF COMMAND. OUR TRAINED VOLUNTEERS SUPPORT ANYBODY AFFECTED BY CRIME. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHEN THE CRIME HAPPENED OR WHETHER THE CRIME WAS REPORTED TO THE POLICE. WE SUPPORT ALL VICTIMS OF CRIME, REGARDLESS OF ETHNICITY, AGE, GENDER, OR BACKGROUND.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Someone to talk to in confidence
- Independent support and advice
- Information on Police and Court procedures
- Liaison with organisations on your behalf
- Support to claim Compensation
- Trained volunteers to go with you to the Police Station or attend Court
HOW TO GET OUR HELP
Individuals can be referred to us, with their consent, through the Police or Welfare agencies.
Or you can contact us direct in confidence.
Our trained volunteers give support to anyone affected by crime.
- They operate throughout the BFC communities and Nicosia
- They offer confidential support and information
- They receive regular training through Victim support UK trainers
- They are also trained in specialist areas, such as Domestic Abuse, Sexual Assault, Hate crime and other areas.
I WANT TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
To apply to be a volunteer please call Jill Harris, Victim Support Coordinator. Volunteers are welcome from all parts of the community. If you decide to become a Victim Support Volunteer, you will be given full training and expenses will be paid.
Get in touch with Andy Nicholas, Victim Support Coordinator
Tel +357 2596 2175
Office Room 108, 1st Floor, E Block, Episkopi
(above the Library)