DHEKELIA SERVICE COMMITTEE
OUR COMMITTEE IS BASED IN AYIOS NIKOLAOS AND IS MADE UP OF VOLUNTEERS FROM THE STATION. WE OPERATE OUTSIDE THE CHAIN OF COMMAND AND ACTIVELY FUNDRAISE TO SUPPORT
- Serving Personnel
- Community prohects
- Service families
- Community Volunteer expenses
- Regular meetings are held bi-monthly.
- Supplementary meeting are held to organise fundraising events.
SSAFA Fundraising Week
SSAFA Awareness and Collection day.
- Volunteers were shaking collection buckets at the Garrison gates and Ermes
Bacon Butty Run!
- Volunteers were selling bacon butties all over the Garrison.
- Our mobile delivery service even included Pyla Ranges!
CO's May March
- The RIB's Commanding Officer excused anyone from Friday PT if they made a donation to SSAFA.
- Nearly €1,500 were raised from this alone!
- Dhekelia Primary School marched for SSAFA!
- RIB demonstrated their marching skills.
- Through the morning KS1 and KS2 learnt to march.
- The children then demonstrated their marching skills to an audience of children and adults.
WHO DO WE HELP?
In the past we have supported
- The purchase of fridges for single soldiers
- The purchase of gym equipment for the voluntary run Gym Tots
- The purchase of instruments for the Dhekelia Musical Tots group.
- The In Service Committee, with the support of the welfare agencies, have discretely helped many families in times of hardship and family illnesses/ bereavements.
Applications forms can be obtained from
- The HIVE
- The Unit Welfare Office
- Committee Members
Tips of filling in the forms:
- Explicit explanations of the requirements of the bid, include how this funding will benefit the community in as wide a sense as possible.
- Show how you have tried to fundraise yourself and where else you have sought assistance.
- Provide 3 quotes, where possible local quotations.
- Show how equipment will be maintained to show longevity.
Time frame for funding bids:
- Bids will be considered at the next Service committee meeting.
- Urgent bids can be considered sooner if required.
WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
Help your community while developing new skills that will benefit you on your return to UK.
Become a committee member:
- Roles available – Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Publicity Officer.
- SSAFA will support you with on-going training.
- Contact your present local Service Committee Chair.
- If one of these roles is not for you, why not become a SSAFA volunteer to help with fundraising.